Primary Care Services
At Broadlands Family Practice, we provide continuing and comprehensive pediatric and adult healthcare, including most preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic services for a wide array of acute and chronic problems. As family physicians, we are dedicated to treating the whole person. Family medicine’s cornerstone is an ongoing, personal patient-physician relationship focused on integrated care. Unlike other specialties that are limited to a particular organ, disease, age, or sex, family medicine integrates care and patient information for both genders across the full spectrum of ages within the context of the family and community. In addition, it advocates for the patient in an increasingly complex healthcare system.
With an emphasis on disease prevention and health promotion, family medicine aims to provide personal, comprehensive, and continuing care of the individual throughout every stage of life. Broadlands Family Practice is especially devoted to making each individual patient’s needs and concerns a priority.
The first year of your newborn’s life is a time of rapid growth and development, which is monitored and enriched at each wellness visit. Social, emotional, and developmental well-being principles are introduced and reinforced. At Broadlands Family Practice, we can ensure that your newborn or child receives exceptional care from our many capable physicians and health professionals. We are dedicated to providing individualized newborn and pediatric care that is best for your child’s health and well-being. Our services support and aid your child’s development and growth from infancy to childhood. These services include:
- Acute illness
- Developmental issues
- Newborn care
- Well-baby exams (including measurements, head-to-toe physical exam, development)
- Well-child exams
Adolescent health encompasses an essential transition from childhood to adulthood. During this transition, adolescents establish patterns of behavior and make lifestyle choices that affect both their current and future health. It is our goal as your family medicine provider to assist the adolescent during this transition phase by offering education, medical support, and resources. Some important areas to address are:
- General physical health & nutrition: physicals, immunizations, well child exams, treatment of minor illnesses & injuries, assessment & treatment of eating disorders and nutritional concerns
- Mental health & substance abuse: coping skills, stress management, drug & alcohol usage education
- Sexual health: pubertal development, sexual identity, STDs & HIV education, sexuality education, contraception, menstrual health
- Violence: offenders and victims of bullying, psychosocial health, health & safety issues
- Dermatologic health: acne, skin conditions, warts, eczema, burns
- ADD/ADHD: mental & emotional well-being, severity, prevalence, difficulty learning, understanding, or paying attention, medication
Our providers are skilled in evaluating patients for sleep disorders and can assist you with arranging diagnostic studies.
At Broadlands Family Practice, women’s health covers many areas including menstrual disorders, contraception/diaphragm fitting, menopause, and breast issues. Services provided to address these areas include mammograms, pap smears, colonoscopy, endometrial biopsy, IUD insertions, and check-ups and screenings for breast, cervical, uterine, and ovarian cancers. We also offer the entire spectrum of women’s healthcare including GYN check-ups and management of any related health issues.
We provide medical and preventive care for all age groups and encourage a healthy lifestyle and health maintenance for every patient.